The SPSP Scaffolding Program leads to certificates internationally accredited by CITB and ACCET. The program is designed to provide students with a balanced combination of engineering theory and practical hands-on experience. This will ensure that on completion of the Scaffolding Program graduates will have the required job entry skills to work within the Petroleum Services industries. Each student will complete the Academic and Basic Hand tools and Drawing foundation training prior to covering the Scaffolding Program.
- Basic Scaffolding A and B
- SPSP Diploma in Scaffolding Technology
- TVTC / ACCET
On completion of the Scaffolding course graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of construction Health & Safety.
- Understand technical drawing.
- Operate hand and power tools.
- Have a basic knowledge of forklift operation.
- Have a basic knowledge of MEWP operation.
- Identify suitable scaffolding components.
- Have an understanding of the acceptable condition of scaffold components.
- Identify and know where and why to utilise personal safety equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Erect and dismantle scaffolds.
- Work to international standards as prescribed by CITB for the erection and dismantling of specialist scaffold structures (CITB Part A & B).
- Undertake the safe inspection & testing of scaffolding.