Who we are?
SPSP has been established to meet the needs of the Petroleum Services Industry and to support the Saudization of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It was founded in 2008 by the Ministry of Energy, the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC), Saudi Arabian Chevron, Saudi Aramco and Aramco Gulf Operations. SPSP is a fully independent non-profit entity, which is governed by a Board of Trustees representing the major stakeholders in SPSP.
The petroleum services industry consists of a number of contracting companies that service the oil exploration, drilling and production facilities in the oil fields throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. These contractors work with major oil companies, such as Saudi Aramco and Saudi Arabian Chevron. The industry is currently heavily dependent on expatriate workers and therefore offers a major source of job opportunities for well trained and qualified young Saudis. SPSP can provide all the industry training needed to fulfill the Saudization requirements for the oil and gas industry. A number of leading Saudi international petroleum services contractors support SPSP and many are represented in the SPSP Board of Trustees.
SPSP also has the full support of the Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF). This collaboration and support has resulted in the development of a number of industry-specific training programs that are delivered exclusively at SPSP. Graduating young Saudi professionals will enter the industry fully competent to fill a number of highly skilled technical jobs in the Petroleum Services sector.
Partner with petroleum, energy, and industrial companies to graduate, develop and prepare quality Saudi technical workforce.
We envision ourselves as committed quality training providers that positively impact the growth of Saudization of the technical workforce within the Petroleum Services Sector.
- We develop and maintain a culture of Health, Safety and Environment. We ensure we have safety discipline.
- We aim to becoming a best-in-class learning and training organization, and we strive to achieve Operational Excellence. We are committed to pursuing excellence and highest standards in all we do and to producing the highest quality of work through application of correct principles, systems and tools.
- We support each other and work together as one team to achieve our goals.
- We develop people to their highest potential. We aim for sustainable development.
- We respect individuals and adhere to the highest ethical standards. We will be in compliance with policies and ensure discipline in following procedures. We ensure fairness in our practices.
- We are reliable and responsible for our actions, results and the dictates of our conscience about their impact on organization, colleagues, SPSP Founders, trainee sponsoring companies and local communities. We accept responsibility for our actions and disclose the results in a transparent manner. We learn from mistakes.
- We contribute to our country objectives of Saudization of local workforce. We also participate in helping our community by developing citizenship policies that promote the involvement of SPSP students and staff in community development activities.
SPSP is a private, non-profit vocational training institution specifically created to support the Petroleum Services Industry. Currently a total of 13 technical specialty programs are offered at SPSP, which are accredited by international organization including the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), Process Awards Authority Vocational Qualifications for Science, Engineering and Technology (PAA/VQ-SET), International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC), City & Guilds, National Safety Council (NSC) and Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA), Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and the International Road Transport Union (IRU).
Quality assurance is monitored throughout all SPSP programs to ensure all training delivery and assessment meet the highest standards. The instructional team at SPSP are made up of a balance of native English speaking and bi-lingual staff all with internationally recognized qualifications, skills and relevant industry experience.
Quality assurance is maintained through internal and external audit of all aspects of SPSP operations, including training, delivery and assessment. As a Process Awards Authority Vocational Qualifications for Science, Engineering and Technology (PAA/VQ-SET) and City & Guilds Approved Center, SPSP carry out internal verification and Quality Assurance of all programs. PAA/VQ-SET and City & Guilds provide external quality assurance audits of SPSP through regular annual visits.