The SPSP Pipefitting Program leads to certificates internationally accredited by PAA/VQ-SET, City & Guilds and ACCET. The program is designed to provide students with a balanced combination of engineering theory and practical hands-on experience. This will ensure that on completion of the Pipefitting Program graduates will have the required job entry skills to work within the Petroleum Services industries. Each student will complete the Academic and PEO foundation training prior to covering the Pipefitting Program.
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations (QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Construction – Fabrication Pipefitting (QCF)
- SPSP Diploma in Pipefitting Technology
- City & Guilds
- TVTC / ACCET
On completion of the Pipefitting program graduates will be able to:
- Shape pipework components by material removal using hand and power tools to set industry tolerances.
- State and use the different methods of joining non-metallic and metallic pipes.
- Understand how heat exchangers, fin fans and re-boilers operate and their reason for use in the plant. Participants will be able to safely remove and test heat exchanger tube bundles.
- Produce single line isometric drawings demonstrating their understanding of direction, proportion and dimension, as well as the different types of drawing used.
- Safely set-up and operate and shut-down oxy-acetylene cutting equipment, straight line VCM cutters, orbital pipe cutters and manual torch cutting techniques.
- Correctly identify piping symbols use in industry and state their understanding of hot bolting techniques and valve removal/replacement.
- Carry out the different types and methods of pipe bending methods, the angles and radii required, heat lengths and template making.
- Safely carry out manual and automatic pipe threading, pipe spool fabrication to set dimensions and tolerances using single line isometric drawings.
- Consolidate skills, knowledge and understanding to fabricate welded spools from given isometric drawing, cutting lists and template wires.