The SPSP Process Control Systems Technician Program leads to certificates accredited by ACCET. The program is designed to provide students with a balanced combination of engineering theory and practical hands-on experience. This will ensure that on completion of the PCST Program graduates will have the required job entry skills to work within the Petroleum Services industries. Each student will complete the Academic and key skills training prior to covering the PCST Program.
- SPSP Diploma in Process Control Systems Technology
- TVTC / ACCET
On completion of the PCST course graduates will be able to:
- Correctly perform specified bench work operations, fabricate a Circuit Base Plate, make wiring and Component terminations, and fabricate tubing
- Correctly troubleshoot AC and DC circuits. All faults must be located and the proper corrective actions described.
- Correctly troubleshoot instrument electronic circuits. All faults must be located and the proper corrective actions de-scribed.
- Correctly troubleshoot instrument digital circuits. All faults must be located and the proper corrective actions de-scribed.
- Correctly troubleshoot micro-controller-based control and application circuits. All faults must be located and the proper corrective actions described.
- Correctly tune a basic process control system for optimum performance.
- Troubleshoot and repair a pneumatic control loop. The repaired loop must operate as specified in the operational standards.
- Test and repair rotating equipment monitoring system field services. The repaired system must operate as specified by the manufacturer.
- Describe the operation of programmable logic controllers (PLC). State the Operation and Function of Distributed Control System.
- Define the Operation of Electronic Control Loops. Define the Computing Function in Process Control Loops. Trouble-shoot and Repair Electronic Control Loop.