The SPSP Operations Program leads to certificates internationally accredited by PAA/VQ-SET, City & Guilds and ACCET. The program is designed to provide students with a balanced combination of engineering theory and practical hands-on experience. This will ensure that on completion of the Operations Program graduates will have the required job entry skills to work within the Petroleum Services industries. Each student will complete the Academic and PPO foundation training prior to covering the Operations Program.
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Performing Process Operations (QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Process Technology (Chemical Processes)
- SPSP Diploma in Operations
- City & Guilds
- TVTC / ACCET
On completion of the Operations program graduates will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of hydrocarbon processing including; the properties of solids, liquids and gases, the properties of hydrocarbons, process variables and electricity.
- Correctly identify the safety hazards within hydrocarbon operations and the safety measures used to reduce these hazards.
- Accurately describe the different the types of drivers used for rotating equipment such as pumps, compressors and their operation.
- Demonstrate their understanding of valves, tanks, vessels, columns, furnaces, boilers, coolers and heat exchangers.
- Correctly interpret plant process drawings to trace the process flow, identify piping and instrument diagrams loops and symbols used.
- Safely operate a plant simulator using flow and level control in accordance with manufacturer’s guidance and instructions.
- Correctly describe the gas-oil recovery and processing production procedures.
- Accurately describe the routine plant operator’s duties during plant operation and maintenance activities.
- Follow procedures for tank, distillation, heat exchanger pilot and boiler simulator operations.
- Safely carry out operations on the air compressor pilot plant rig.