The SPSP Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Program leads to certificates internationally accredited by PAA/VQ-SET. The program is designed to provide students with a balanced combination of engineering theory and practical hands-on experience. This will ensure that on completion of the HVAC Program graduates will have the required job entry skills to work within the Petroleum Services industries. Each student will complete the Academic and PEO foundation training prior to covering the HVAC Program.
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations (QCF)
- SPSP Diploma in HVAC
On completion of the HVAC program students will be able to:
- Describe the instruments and the units of measurement used in measuring temperature and pressure and describes the Refrigeration Cycle, Refrigerant and Refrigeration Oil.
- Practice on copper tubing operations: measuring, cutting, reaming, bending, flaring, swaging, constricting, and pinching off.
- Identify the standard electrical symbols and abbreviations and types of electrical diagrams, shows the characteristic of each one and practice reading electrical diagrams.
- Maintain single-phase and three-phase electric motors, test windings and troubleshoot hermetic compressor motors.
- Identify control circuit components, describe control circuit operation, test and connect control circuits
- Service air-conditioning and refrigeration units. The standard procedures include testing for leaks, evacuating, charging, sampling oil, adding oil, replacing compressor, and perform preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot domestic refrigerators, freezers, window air conditioning units, and central air conditioning units (up to 15 tons).