The SPSP Crane Operation and Heavy Lifting Program leads to certificates internationally accredited by LEEA and ACCET. The program is designed to provide students with a balanced combination of engineering theory and practical hands-on experience. This will ensure that on completion of the Crane Operation and Heavy Lifting Program graduates will have the required job entry skills to work within the Petroleum Services industries. Each student will complete the Academic and Basic Hand tools and Drawing foundation training prior to covering the Crane Operation and Heavy Lifting Program.
- SPSP Diploma in Crane Operation and Heavy Lifting
- TVTC / ACCET
On completion of the Crane Operation and Heavy lifting course graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of construction Health & Safety.
- Understand technical drawing.
- Operate hand and power tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of crane construction.
- Carry out pre use crane inspections.
- State the general principals of lifting.
- Develop and utilise safe lifting plans.
- Drive a mobile crane into position to carry out safe lifting.
- Demonstrate the skills to configure the crane prior to lifting.
- Demonstrate safe operation of forklift truck.
- Safely check and operate a Mobile Elevated Work Platform.
- Undertake specialist lifting operations to include, Personnel, Tandem Lifts, High level and long reach.
- Hold Government license (SAG).